Reporting to the Finance & Administration Officer (FAO), the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing day-to-day office administration and management support.
The position requires a results and detail-oriented professional with sound understanding of office management processes and operations; including excellent people relations skills.
- Manage the reception area: Liaise with the building reception to ensure all visitors have appointments before accessing the office; and notify the staff to be seen
- Manage office telephone and mail box
- Run office errands; make dispatches and collections required for the office
- Liaise with FAO to ensure utility bills are paid in a timely manner
- Maintain a record of and purchase of office supplies
- Work with FAO to assess office needs and propose appropriate interventions
- Ensure office orderliness and cleanliness, especially arrangement within the common areas
- Support logistical operations both for office functions/operations and fieldwork
- Support proper filing of finance and administrative documents
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned
- Must be a resident of Nanyuki
- At least a diploma in office management/administration or relevant field
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar office position
- Clear communication and presentation skills – both oral and written
- Excellent relational and people management skills
- Computer literate – Proficiency in MS Office applications an added advantage
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the person specifications and the requirements as outlined above should send their applications – including a cover letter and CV – to Jectone.Oyugi@bomaproject.org. Applications must be received by Friday, 4th November 2016. Only e-mail applications will be accepted; and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BOMA is an equal opportunity employer.