BOMA, in partnership with the Government of Kenya (with funding from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)), plans to roll out a two-year poverty graduation project under the Graduation Sub-Component of the Programme for Rural Outreach of Financial Innovations and Technologies (PROFIT). The objective of the Programme is to increase incomes of the target group as a result of improved production, productivity and marketing in the various rural enterprise sectors. The Programme will achieve this through an enhanced and systematically sustainable access of poor rural households to a broad range of financial services, coupled with the necessary capacity building. The Programme will be implemented in Samburu County.
BOMA is therefore seeking to recruit Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst based in Nanyuki to be an integral part of the team providing leadership and strategic direction in the implementation and management of project activities and operations; specifically, data management and analysis.
Reporting to: This position reports to the M & E Manager based in the Nanyuki Office.
- A dynamic, highly motivated and skilled individual with extensive abilities in data collection and analysis.
- Must have excellent communication skills and superior report writing abilities.
- An experienced team leader, able to adapt to different demanding situations, think, make and clearly communicate decisions.
- Able to network, coordinate activities and maintain linkages between different parties, partners and collaborators
- Thorough understanding of and experience in poverty graduation models/initiatives
The M & E Analyst will provide leadership and day to day management for data surveys and collection, input and analysis and a range of monitoring and evaluation activities. The Analyst is expected to seek out innovative practices and methodologies that will strengthen the quality, design, metrics and evaluation of participants’ progress in the Rural Entrepreneur Access Project and suggest inputs for program improvements. S/he will a so oversee the collection and analysis of data at the community level concerning the empowerment, perceptions of self-efficacy and participation of women at community level.
The specific duties include:
- Manage the conduct of surveys in the field – data collection for baselines, poverty/wealth ranking assessments, qualifying surveys, progress reports, exit interviews, saturation, business diversification or longevity studies, and focus group surveys.
- Using statistical analytical programs and software, analyze collected data for reports for internal use and external distribution to partners, foundations, multilaterals and government agencies
- Oversee rollout of mobile devices for data collection by mentors on business progress, mentor performance and other aspects of the REAP program
- Provide oversight to the data collection and analysis of data on the social and political empowerment of women, their levels of participation in the community and their perception of self-efficacy
- Oversee and manage data entry as well as implement strategies for quality control for data and reports
- Design and deliver M & E-related training programs for BOMA enumerators and mentors
- Build on the existing methodology for the evaluation of BOMA Village Mentors and the mentoring program
- Work closely with BOMA’s leadership and grant writing team to provide outcome information for resource mobilization, reporting and impact analysis for funding and other partners
- Promote a culture of learning and data-based decision making among BOMA staff and mentors
- Represent BOMA in forums to present evaluation methodologies to a variety of audiences such as existing and potential funders, government officials and foundations
- A degree in statistics
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position
- Proven track record in analyzing complex data and producing reports
- Proven competency/experience in leveraging technology in social entrepreneurship
- Experience in implementation of programmes in hardship areas
- Demonstrable people management skills
- Superior report writing and analytical skills
- Innovative and self-starter
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the person specifications and the requirements as outlined above should send their applications to Jectone.Oyugi@bomaproject.org with the subject line clearly marked M & E Analyst. All applications must be received by Friday, 11th November 2016. Only e-mail applications will be accepted.
BOMA is an equal opportunity employer.