As BOMA continues to grow, we seek an innovative M&E Manager with a deep understanding of monitoring and evaluation and CLA to join our team. S/he will develop and refine BOMA project-based MEL Plans, lead development and implementation of effective monitoring and evaluation processes, and establish a data quality management strategy. S/he will provide leadership and day-to-day-management of BOMA’s rigorous field-based monitoring and evaluation activities including digital data collection and analysis for baselines and endlines in addition to the design and implementation of additional studies in close collaboration with the Director of Research, Evaluation and Learning. The M&E Manager is expected to seek out innovations and best practice methodologies that will strengthen the quality, design, and metrics and of BOMA M&E activities that will provide inputs for program learning and improvements, contribute to the global evidence base for graduation, inform future project design, and underpin quality donor reporting
The ideal candidate is a data-driven, analytical, detail-oriented individual with experience managing M&E, conducting field assessments and household surveys. He or she is both hands-on and able to do project design, planning, project management, and analysis and is passionate about women’s economic empowerment.
Monitoring and Evaluation
Support the development of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan across the organization and ensure delivery against the plan in East Africa.
- Develop a comprehensive reporting framework targeted at different internal and external audiences and working in collaboration with the Director of Research, Evaluation and Learning, the Director of Program and Innovation, and the data analysts, develop regular reports to guide management decision-making.
- Develop and implement Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans for all projects
- Oversee data collection activities, including coordination of enumerator training, as well as the design and implementation of quantitative and qualitative surveys, impact assessments and longevity studies.
- In close coordination with the Salesforce team, oversee innovations around digital data collection and apps for monitoring activities as well as the design and maintenance of BOMA’s customized Salesforce relational database, Performance Insights.
- Spearhead the development of the capacity of staff to understand and reflect on data and the use of monitoring and evaluation tools to support learning and adaptive management.
- In close collaboration with Director of Research, Evaluation and Learning build evidence of impact of BOMA’s graduation model through collaborating with research bodies to carry out successful targeted research and analysis towards BOMA’s influence and government adoption goals.
- Manage and report on periodic evaluations both internally and with external consultants of BOMA’s innovations and interventions and their contribution to increasing impact per dollar, and achieving Kenya government’s strategies and plans
- Lead in the writing up of monitoring and evaluation reports
- Promote a culture of data demand and use within BOMA
- Support documentation and dissemination of generated research, analysis and learning internally and externally.
Data Quality Assurance
Support implementation of quality management systems and track quality metrics.
- Thoroughly analyze, ensure accuracy of reported data, and recommend ways to improve data quality to ensure accuracy and quality service delivery.
- Support the review and development of strategies, tools and processes for ongoing data quality assurance (DQA) processes.
- Oversee continual assessment of quality of program delivery and data by managing ongoing field surveys, and analysis of collected data.
- Ensure feedback loops to regional managers or technical advisors and corrective actions implemented.
- Review and analyze monthly monitoring data and work with regional and project teams to identify issues.
- Organize and support quarterly reflection and training meetings to ensure continuous learning and improvement of BOMA’s data collection tools and methodologies.
- Lead and strengthen quality control of our data to assure the integrity of data for analysis, tracking, and validation.
Key Performance Metrics include:
- MEL Plans developed and implemented for all BOMA projects
- Monthly monitoring and survey data generated through Performance Insights are accurate, reliable, complete, timely and valid
- Periodic and ad hoc surveys and studies are high quality and delivered on time.
- Regional Director
- M&E Manager will work closely with the Director of Research, Evaluation and Learning, the Director of Program and Innovation, the Kenya Program Director, graduation advisors and regional managers.
- M&E Manager supervises the Salesforce System Administrators, M&E Officers, Data Analysts and M&E Fellows.
- Commitment to the mission of the BOMA Project.
- Experience working in fast paced and high growth environments
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain relationships with project staff, donors, and other partners
- Field experience in the arid lands, preferably in East Africa and demonstrated intercultural competence and sensibility
- Demonstrated experience in all stages of developing and implementing project monitoring and evaluation systems
- Demonstrated skills in data collection, data analysis, documentation, data interpretation, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in management position in an INGO would be an advantage
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (English language), both written and spoken
- Extensive knowledge in computer applications such as Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of Salesforce and Taroworks would be an advantage.
- Ability to build the capacity of and direct a team
- Strong presentation, communication skills and team player that inspires confidence
- Dedicated to achieving goals and objectives through team-based approaches.
- Must be motivated and self-directed with a flexible outlook
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or advanced degree in Monitoring & Evaluation preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience setting up M&E systems
- Formal specific M&E training and/or specialized skills in statistics is an advantage
- Must have analytical experience with analytical tools like STATA or SPSS
- Experience in survey design, data collection, data processing and analysis
- Experience using Collaborating, Adapting and Learning practices preferred
Qualified and interested candidates should send a letter of motivation addressed to the Regional Director for East Africa; clearly indicating how their qualifications, experience and personal attributes fit with the position requirements, together with an up-to-date curriculum vitae to Recruit@bomaproject.org. The subject line should clearly indicate the position you are applying for.
Applications must be received by close of business April 26, 2018.
The BOMA Project is an equal opportunity employer.