BOMA, in partnership with the Government of Kenya (with funding from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)), plans to roll out a two-year poverty graduation project under the Graduation Sub-Component of the Programme for Rural Outreach of Financial Innovations and Technologies (PROFIT). The objective of the Programme is to increase incomes of the target group as a result of improved production, productivity and marketing in the various rural enterprise sectors. The Programme will achieve this through an enhanced and systematically sustainable access of poor rural households to a broad range of financial services, coupled with the necessary capacity building. The Programme will be implemented in Samburu County of Northern Kenya.
Reporting to the Regional Manager Maralal, the Office Administrator will be responsible for providing day-to-day office administration and management support. the position requires a results and detail-oriented professional with sound understanding of office management processes and operations; including excellent people relations skills.
- Be the focal person for all office administration matters: ensure that the office lease is observed, manage landlord relationship and ensure that the office is well maintained, clean and secure
- Ensure office orderliness and cleanliness, especially arrangement within the common areas
- Plan and secure adequate and hospitable office equipment and facilities to ensure that staff have appropriate working environment and the necessary working tools
- Ensure that the necessary services and utilities such as internet, electricity and water are efficiently supplied/uninterrupted; and ensure that lease and utility payments are made on time
- Maintain proper filing and storage of all and any legal, operational, financial and management records in a secure and logical manner
- Work with the Regional Manager to ensure that all office assets (equipment and vehicles) are well maintained, serviceable, in good working condition, secure and validly insurance at all times
- Liaise with the Regional Manager to ensure that all logistics for fieldwork, staff and donor visits are coordinated in an organized and efficient manner
- Ensure that stocks of consumable items such as stationery, fresh water, tea, coffee and sugar are available and accountable for staff use in the office only.
- Manage the reception area: ensure all visitors have appointments before accessing the office; and notify the staff to be seen; manage office telephone and mails
- Run office errands; make dispatches and collections required for the office
- Support logistical operations both for office functions/operations and fieldwork
- Work with the Regional Manager and the Drivers to ensure that there is a process for vehicle departures from field offices that maintains a checklist prior to departure and a vehicle check-in when vehicles return, documenting vehicle cleaning and service needs.
- Adhere to the BOMA Procurement policy and ensure process of approval for all procurement
- Support recruitment processes and ensure proper induction of new staff
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time-to-time
- At least a diploma in office management/administration or relevant field
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar office position
- Clear communication and presentation skills – both oral and written
- Excellent relational and people management skills
- Computer literate – Proficiency in MS Office applications, internet and mail
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the person specifications and the requirements as outlined above should send their applications – including a cover letter and CV – to Jectone.Oyugi@bomaproject.org, with the subject line clearly marked Office Administrator. Applications must be received by Friday, 11th November 2016. Only e-mail applications will be accepted; and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BOMA is an equal opportunity employer.