BOMA is looking for a highly organized and efficient Program Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will be in charge of assisting program operations for multiple counties in northern Kenya. Reporting to the Deputy Country Director (DCD) and providing support to the Regional Director, the Program Assistant will provide operational/administrative, coordination, research and logistical support to day-to-day program operations and assist with the flow of information between program, HR, finance and fundraising.
The position requires a results and detail-oriented professional with sound understanding of NGO program operations, excellent writing and reporting skills, office management processes and operations; including excellent people relations skills.
- Maintain, consolidate/integrate and share field calendars with Teams
- Liaise with Regional Managers and Field Officers to consolidate a calendar of field trips/activities
- Liaise with the Finance Department to facilitate field logistics – reservations, bookings and procurement for field activities
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the REAP timeline
- Develop and maintain appropriate data bases for field activities
- Liaise with Finance to maintain and report on Field Operation expenses such as per diems, fuel, vehicle maintenance and equipment.
- Organize DCD meetings – prepare and maintain presentations, correspondences, minutes and follow up on action points
- Write and edit reports for proposals and internal and external communications
- Maintains a tracking system for responses to emails, reports and proposals
- Develop and maintain an efficient and logical filing system for program-related documents
- Generating and sharing quick reports on Salesforce as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree – we need someone who can write! At least a diploma in either project management, office administration or relevant field
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar position
- Clear communication and presentation skills – both oral and outstanding writing skills
- Excellent relational and people management skills
- Computer literate – Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing environments and situations
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- High level organizational skills
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the person specifications and the requirements as outlined above should send their applications – including a cover letter and CV – to Jectone.Oyugi@bomaproject.org. Applications must be received by Friday, 28th October 2016. Only e-mail applications will be accepted; and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BOMA is an equal opportunity employer.