Location: The BOMA Project, Nanyuki Office, Kenya, Africa
Position Overview: The BOMA Project seeks a Data Analyst to design evaluations, set up data management systems, conduct analysis of data, deliver reports, provide real-time feedback to program staff and disseminate findings. The ideal candidate will have advanced skills in data analysis using STATA and/or other statistical analysis package (SAS, SPSS, R) with at least three or more years of experience conducting data analysis, sound knowledge of statistics, experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects and strong writing skills. Applicants who can demonstrate commitment, flexibility, enthusiasm and good team skills are preferred. The position reports to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager of The BOMA Project in Kenya.
Data management, Analysis and reporting (70%)
- Support in designing baseline, mid-term, impact assessment and final evaluations.
- Support in developing, mapping, deploying, analyzing surveys in Salesforce, Taroworks and in STATA.
- Develop data collection, management, analysis, use plans for current and historical program data.
- Carry out data synthesis, identify program gaps/trends and disseminate findings.
- Compile, cull, clean, analyze data, develop reports and present findings in a way that is easy to understand to both technical and non-technical readers.
- Innovate new ways to collect, organize, manipulate and visualize data.
- Track reporting obligations, prepare reports for donors and management
- Develop and operationalize data management protocols, SOPs, carry out project data analysis tasks per project deadlines.
- Develop reporting templates and other standardized tools for data collection, monitoring, reporting and for accountability.
- Develop and implement necessary systems, processes, procedures to assure data quality, confidentiality and security.
- Support in carrying out capacity needs identification in data management, develop capacity building plan and implement project-related capacity-building in data management, analysis, monitoring, evaluation, design of studies, performance monitoring plans, indicators and data collection, management, reporting and use.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, Accountability and Learning (30%)
- In support of overall project design process, with Program team develop and revise project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
- Support in development of project M&E frameworks and MEL Plans.
- Maintain and administer a repository for quantitative and qualitative data; support data mining, analysis and results synthesis and support writing publications.
- Design and support implementation of studies involving both quantitative and qualitative mixed study methods, develop data analysis plans, analyze data, prepare reports and support in developing publications.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture quantitative/qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the project on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- At least three years of experience conducting quantitative data analysis using Stata (skills to be tested during interview).
- Skills in design of quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods surveys and experiments.
- Experience cleaning large data sets
- Knowledge of statistics
- Naturally curious and analytical; able to sort through extensive data and craft hypotheses
- Strong writing skills with experience preparing reports and technical documents
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, monitoring and evaluation or other relevant field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, communication and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to project timelines
- Experience using electronic data collection platforms, Sales force and GIS
- Excellent knowledge of STATA and/or other statistical analysis package (SAS, SPSS, R)
- Excellent understanding of database design and development, statistical programming and analysis.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects
Travel time required to field for this position is approximately 40% of total fulltime equivalence.
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the person specifications and the requirements as outlined above should send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line clearly marked Data Management Intern (do not send any other attachments apart from your application letter and CV). All applications must be received by Friday, 17th May 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified candidates should be prepared to provide three relevant references upon request.
BOMA is an equal opportunity employer; female candidates are encouraged to apply